- Mix soya sauce, sake and ginger in a bowl.
- Add planted.chicken and mix well so that each piece of planted.chicken is coated in marinade. Cover and set in the fridge. Let marinate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- To fry, coat the bottom of a heavy pan with about 2.5 cm of vegetable oil and heat until the oil reaches a temperature of 170°C. Prepare a rack covered with paper towels.
- While the oil is heating, dredge each piece of marinated planted.chicken evenly in potato or tapioca starch and set aside.
- Deep fry the dredged planted.chicken in batches in the fully heated oil. The pan should not be overly full.
- When the planted.chicken karaage is evenly browned, let it drain for a few minutes on the prepared rack and then serve.
Pulled with Spätzli and red cabbage
Crispy Planted Winter Bowl
Potato & Pulled Croquettes